Prairie Girls Soccer Recap

Soccer
Back to Article
Back to Article

Prairie Girls Soccer Recap

Soccer

Soccer

Soccer

Soccer

The Prairie Girls’ Soccer season is coming to an end, being ranked 12th as of May 9th.

Their record is currently 12-2 and they are hoping to continue their success as they won the conference game last night at Prairie High School. The girls won their 14th game against Cedar Rapids Washington High School.

“So far this year, the season has been unexpected, but great,” said sophomore, Riley Coulter.

With a coaching change for the team and losing a decent amount of seniors, the season has gone better than the team imagined.

Thursday was senior night, and Coach Lennon started all nine seniors on varsity even though some normally don’t play.

“That was really great to see some of [the] seniors be in the starting lineup that usually aren’t,” said Coulter.

The seniors all got to start the game together for the last regular home game.

Junior Emily Brunscheen scored the first goal putting the Hawks on the scoreboard 1-0. In the second half, Freshman Melanie Ironside scored for the Hawks resulting in a 2-0 lead.

The game got cut short because of lightning, and they only got 20 minutes into the second half.

The girls’ next game and last regular season game is at Dubuque Wahlert on Tuesday.

“I am excited to see what we can get done in the postseason and hopefully in Des Moines at the State Tournament,” said Coulter.