Life in Prairie: A Guide

Rebecca Van Amburg

There are many different ways of explaining a school, but have you ever heard how someone would describe the Prairie District? Well, you are reading this so I am assuming not, so let me tell you all about Prairie… What is it like in the high school? What does COVID-19 look like in the high school? What are the teachers like/Are they mean?

Well, the high school has so much more freedom. What I mean by that is you…

• Get to wear hats
  • Can listen to music in the hallways with both earbuds in
  • Get to work out in a tank-top
  • Get to talk to friends
  • Get to walk with your friends to their class
  • Get to share how you are feeling and if you don’t want to talk about what is on your mind, then people will leave you alone
  • You are allowed to go to the bathroom without having to wear a pass on your neck
  • You get to take pictures/videos – STILL WITH OTHER PEOPLE’S PERMISSION
  • You also get to sleep in your study hall (If you have one and have ALL of your work done)
  • If you don’t have an 8th period, then you can choose to either stay at the school or go home
  • The more that you spend time on homework, the better your grades will be
  • Wash your hands with soap, wear a mask, sanitize things after you use them, keep your hands to yourself, bring your own water bottle. This is 2020, after all.
  • In my opinion the best line to get your lunch from is the Sub Sandwich line
  • Transferring to a new school can be scary sometimes, but you grow used to the people in it and your new surroundings become more enjoyable
  • Making new friends can be horrifying but you grow to become really close with them and they grow to be more like a family to you
  • Always remember who your friends are, no matter what happens, they will always be there for you and show you the support that you need
  • Make some new memories with your friends and always remember the good times that you shared with them
  • Will there be issues with friends? The answer is YES! There will be some issues with friendships but that is what makes your friendships stronger, not weaker
  • Try not to look too far into the past because that will cause you to miss the future
  • Learn to trust the teachers, and your friends, and they will trust you
  • The teachers are not mean, but they will be very strict if you are falling behind in classwork or they will be stern with you if you have stepped out of line
  • The teachers are very nice and understanding
  • If you don’t understand something, the teachers are understanding about those types of things and won’t judge you nor will they yell at you
  • RESPECT is a huge part of taking a step in the right direction, respect the teachers, they respect you
  • ALWAYS try to be to class on time and try to stay on the teachers’ good side

As you can tell, there are many reasons for liking high school.

Thank you for taking time out of your day to read about life at the high school. Please feel free to email me with any questions you may have and I will try my best to answer your questions.
Have a wonderful rest of your day!