Love Is In The Air

Emma Huang, Journalist

Prairie High School debuts Almost, Maine on November 9th and continues through November 10th. The play is a two-act, one and a half hour performance. It starts at 7:00 pm in the Concert Hall, with a 15-minute intermission. The cost is $5 for students, $8 for adults but activity passes are allowed.

During the intermission, there will be $1 lemonade and cookies for the audience. There is also an opportunity to buy $2 carnations to write small messages to your favorite actors and actresses backstage. All money goes straight back to the Drama Department to fund future plays and musicals.

Almost, Maine is a romantic comedy that takes place in a town called Almost in Maine. There are nine total scenes which include two to three characters all revolving around the idea of love. The main plot of the play is that each scene is supposedly happening at the exact same moment.

“[The play] has unrealistic elements but each have a relatable meaning behind it,” said Nicole Adams, the actress behind the character Deena.

“This play is absurd. Really. It is. This play falls solidly into the category of absurdism. At least one crazy, unbelievable thing happens in each one of these delightfully kooky scenes,” writes Kamille Hill, the director of the High School play.